I have configured Jira Cloud Mail Handler such that when an email is sent to a helpdesk@....com email address, it will create a ticket in Jira.
I have it configured to create a ticket or add a comment. I know that it will add a comment if an email is sent to that mailbox with the ticket number in the subject.
I have the following questions:
- Is there a way that Jira can be configured such that it will reply to the sender of the email (even if not a Jira user), with an automated response letting the user know that a ticket was created and specify the ticket number in the subject. This way, non only will the user know the ticket and can always follow up on it, but as well simply responding would add a comment on the ticket?
- I would also like to know if there is a way to configure Jira such that it does not delete the email. It seems to be doing a shift delete, which is also removing it from the deleted folder. I would like to respond to emails, and I can not as the email is gone (I can recover, but that is a pain). I am using Office 365 (IMAP) for the mail server.
- I recall that I once (at a different job) had ability to have the mail handler strip out signatures and other non-pertinent info when creating a ticket or comment. Is this possible without a paid plugin (Jira Cloud)?