Just recently the feature to filter All, Complete and Incomplete has been added in the View Settings ( https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/enable-the-roadmap/ )
Yet this filters ALL epics regardless of period.
If we are looking at a given period, one would like to see ALL epics of that period. Any done epics from the past are not relevant. These are still shown with the All filter.
If we use the Incomplete filter, we see all Incomplete Epics, and loose sight of everything done in the period we are observing.
The main attribute of a roadmap is a period in time mostly in the future. This period should be part of the default filter of the actual issues/epics.
If there is a way I am overlooking or misunderstanding I would like to hear it, because now I have 10's of old Epics in my view and don't see a good way to start using the roadmap and have to resort to other tools...