Hi,
I'm trying to set automation rule that will change the security level for a Jira issue based on a value set for other fields in the issue.
To be specific, I have 2 custom fields, email and username, and if any of the field is populated, on creation or edit, I need the automation rule to set the security level for that issue to be visible only for project members with role Administrator and Members. I've added Everyone under a custom role with custom restriction and I don't want them to see those fields when are populated. Everything works fine when I manually change the restrictions for each issue individually, but I want to automate this. FYI I'm working on a next-gen project.
I've set the atlassian-addons-project-access role with permissions to set security levels. The automation is run by me, I'm admin for the project, and creator of the automation rule. The conditions for the rule are set, and I tried various JSON options to change the security value, but with no success.
When debugging, I've tried basic option, to edit the Security level with the Edit issue action and let the filed be cleared, to remove security restrictions for manually restricted issues, but got this error:
Unknown fields set during edit, they may be unavailable for the project/type. Check your custom field configuration. Fields ignored -Security Level (security)
The Security Level filed is available for the permission screen. If anyone has faced with similar issues, any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Kind regards,
Biljana