Hello All,
Does jira provide a listener or plugin [for excel, google sheet or power point], to dynamically update the status of the ticket?
Thank you.
Hi @Murali Krishnan Nair welcome to the Atlassian Community forum and I wish you are staying safe.
There are number of plugins in the Atlassian Market place for excel integrations. Listed are few links you may check or try free versions for limited time.
https://workspace.google.com/marketplace/app/jira_cloud_for_sheets/1065669263016
https://automate.io/integration/google-sheets/jira
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1216655/excel-add-in-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1216862/team-files-office-365-google-docs?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
If I response address your query, kindly click "accept answer" for the benefit of new members.
Hi Murali,
Are you wanting Jira to update if the value in an external system such as Excel is updated?
If so, you will definitely need a plug in for that. Many only load data from Jira though and don't do an update back to Jira. Make sure you investigate that.
Thanks, @G subramanyam. I will explore these options.
Hello Frank, Correct a plug in is needed.My usecase is:
I have the jira details with status in a tabular format (for reporting - whichever is viable powerpoint, excel or google doc). Rather than manually updating the ticket status for daily/weekly status reporting, I'm trying to see if there is a mechanism for the status to update itself listening to the jira ticket as a key.Meanwhile, i will try to work around the "Jira Cloud for Sheets" provided in the previous comment.
I am a little confused by the reply. Are you updating Jira and you want the Spreadsheet to be updated automatically?
Or are you updating the Spreadsheet and you want Jira to be updated automatically?
The spreadsheet updated automatically with the "current" status of the jira ticket.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.