After my organisation moved jira to cloud i cannot create stories through REST API
I am running curl command
curl -v \-X POST \-H 'Content-Type: application/json' \--data '{"fields": {"project":{"key": "DWH"},"summary": "REST ye merry simon.","description": "Creating of an issue using project keys and issue type names using the REST API","issuetype": {"name": "Story"}}}' \-x httpproxy.myorgproxy.com:8080 --proxy-user my@user:mypasswd\-L https://jira.myprg.eficode.io/rest/api/2/issue/ \I get following error message running curl command {"errorMessages":[],"errors":{"summary":"Field 'summary' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screenI tried to analyze what happens when i create a issue through UI google chrome browser and noticed that it requested following url Request URL: https://jira.myorg.eficode.io/rest/quickedit/1.0/userpreferences/create What could be the reason for this error.
curl -v \-X POST \-H 'Content-Type: application/json' \--data '{"fields": {"project":{"key": "DWH"},"summary": "REST ye merry simon.","description": "Creating of an issue using project keys and issue type names using the REST API","issuetype": {"name": "Story"}}}' \-x httpproxy.myorgproxy.com:8080 --proxy-user my@user:mypasswd\-L https://jira.myprg.eficode.io/rest/api/2/issue/ \
I get following error message running curl command
{"errorMessages":[],"errors":{"summary":"Field 'summary' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen
I tried to analyze what happens when i create a issue through UI google chrome browser and noticed that it requested following url
Request URL: https://jira.myorg.eficode.io/rest/quickedit/1.0/userpreferences/create
What could be the reason for this error.
Hi @Simon Jespersen ,
When you create an issue through the UI of the issue type Story, does the field "summary" actually appear on the screen?
That is what the error describes, for the issue type Story in project DWH you are trying to set the field "summary" but it appears it is not on the create screen.
Hi Dirk, Thanks for reply
it seens to me th
Hi Dirk, it seems to me that the summary and description field are there and are mandatory for creating a issue of type Story
I have tried with Uppercase first letter in summary but i still get the same error.
I wonder if the call is just failing cause of some bad information.
Could you change the project part to use the id instead of the key.
"project": { "id": "10000" },
Where you change the id of course to the id of your project. Easiest way to get that is to open the project settings on your browser and check the url for the id.
i'm starting to think the key is not right as I can only find examples (in the documentation) with the project id.
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v2/api-group-issues/#api-rest-api-2-issue-post
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.