I have a Python program that reads in an Excel sheet and turns it into Word based documentation. I copy this and paste it into a Confluence page and all the nice table formatting is lost. Specifically, all of the columns are the same width in Confluence; the width of the source is lost. This worked perfectly in Mindtouch, our previous Wiki. There are over 100 tables in the output and I had to spend nearly half an hour manually re-adjusting the tables so they looked the same.
I also tried to save the word file as HTML. The HTML looked great. The copy-pasted Confluence page not so much. Can anyone shed some light on how this might be done. As far as I can tell I cannot paste raw HTML into the page. Again Mindtouch, which is 10 years older than Confluence allowed me to edit the HTML with a single push button then copy-paste raw HTML in there.