I originally tried to create a rule based on 'Story' Issuetype but I've found in troubleshooting that even a rule that writes an audit log entry on any issue creation does not fire (that's all that is in the rule...no conditions at all). Is there a known problem with this right now
Hi @Greg Bridges -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
For problems with rules, it can help the community give you ideas if you post an image of your rule and of the audit log. Would you please post those? Thanks!
And, to check for current incidents impacting the automation rules you can look at these two status pages:
https://status.automationforjira.com/
https://status.atlassian.com/
Best regards,
Bill
Thanks Bill...I edited my post and did that. TBH there was so little to the rule and nothing was added to the audit so I didn't think it would be very helpful :-)
Okay, I tried that simple rule too and it fired, no problem.
Is this a rule within a single project, or a global rule for a specific project? (You may only do the second kind if you are a site admin.)
And, let's try this:
That should rule out any permissions issues if the rule works.
Yep, that one worked. I've created both global and project-specific versions of the rule with no success. I'm a Org & Site Admin, so I wouldn't have thought it could be a permissions problem. I even changed the one above that fired from manual to on Issue creation and it didn't fire when I created the issue.
-Greg
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.