Hi all,
I am trying to create Scrum boards with sample data via the API. I found the endpoint via the inspect tool under the network tab of my browser. The endpoints I have found in the online docs have not enabled me to achieve what I am looking for (Create board+project with sample data.)
https://<orgname>.atlassian.net/rest/greenhopper/1.0/welcome/createProject
{
"preset": "scrum",
"projectKey": "APITEST4",
"projectLeadAccountId": "<accountID>",
"projectName": "API TEST 4",
"sampleData": true
}
{
Authorization: Basic <base64encoded username:apikey>,
Content-Type: application/json
}I am able to call this using basic authentication in Postman, however once I move to my other tool, when I provide the header for authorization, I get an empty response from the API and no boards created. Is there a better way to go about this, or does anyone have any idea why the API isn't returning anything? Assuming the fact that it isn't a publicly supported endpoint plays a large part in this.
The "scrum board with sample data" I can spin up via the UI allows me to create a project, along with a board, and fill it with sample data. The "create board" endpoint only allows me to create a board and point it at a project and does not give me the option for sample data.