In our jira environment, we have a project per application or major technical component (about 10 projects). Our major projects (about three of them) handle 50% development related tasks for the DB or Web teams. For the development tasks we work in agile groups to build new functionality. The other 50% of the tickets are what we call internal support tasks... this could be 1. user support, 2. create some specific for one customer 3. fix something that broke. These items are one-off tasks that usually require one developer at a time.
I am looking for best practices for these internal support type tasks. Should they be in there own project? What field would we use to distinguish them if we keep them in the same project? Issue Type? Suggestions on boards or flows. Anything would help. When I look online, all the suggestions point towards the Help Desk. I'm not sure if that's what we need because most of these requests are not coming from external customers.