I would like to have a "released" status, but I want it to close out the ticket and no longer show it on the backlog. How do I do that with the next-gen settings?
Hi @rachael.axtman ,
Are you asking to make additional done statuses in Next gen? or something else? I am slightly confused by the question if you could elaborate or add some screenshots.
Though, if it is asking for additional Done statuses this isn't currently a next gen feature as it is with classic projects. Though it will be released soon!
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17497
best,
Clark
Are you utilizing the Release functionality in the project?
What is Release functionality?
Hi Clark! Thank you for your response I am not trying to make any additional done status' - I just don't want the items in the done status to show on the board. This is a Next gen board.
Here is one link to documentation about the Release functionality. I'm sure you can find more if you do some searching.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/releases-and-versions-980451731.html
I work primarily in Classic projects with Kanban boards. In that scenario, typically the Kanban boards are configured with a subfilter that says if an issue is included in a Version that has been Released, then don't show it on the board.
I have not worked much with Next Gen projects, though, so I don't know if the same applies there.
Yeah it seems that Next Gen projects are much more simplified with functionality
Assuming this is a Kanban board (in next-gen) you can clear out the done column like described in this article:https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Next-gen-articles/Introducing-manual-board-clearing-for-your-next-gen-Kanban-board/ba-p/1411958Is this what you were looking for?
Daniel - Thank you for the response. That is not what I'm looking for (I did see that option). I want the "Done" status as an option on the Jira ticket in the drop down. I do not want the "Done" column to display at all on the board.
My "Done" status custom text "Released" so the goal is that when work has been released I can mark it as "Released" and have it no longer show on the Kanban board.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.