Hi Jira Community,
I have been using Jira for years but I am now in the game development space and there is a strong need for me (as a PM) to help the production team by identifying velocity by role to help them identify which roles are most understaffed based on historical velocity on a per role basis.
I'd like to say up front, I'm scrum master certified and fully aware of agile best practices and managing a backlog for deliverables is working great as-is.
My objective here is slightly different and an attempt to leverage Jira to help with resource planning, and identifying which roles are actively at capacity.
Here's what I'd like to do within Jira:
Segment team members across multiple projects by roles
- 2d Art
- 3d Art
- UI
- Design
- Engineering
- Production
- Product
Once segmented, identify the historical velocity for each role
- Over the last sprint(s)
- Over the last quarter
Is this possible via a custom query of some sort, or a plugin available somewhere?
This sounds do-able and I'd hate to use a separate tool for this since I want all the work to be tracked within Jira.
Help on this topic would be GREATLY appreciated.
Virtual beer on me! 