I noticed that copy-paste images stopped working all of a sudden on my account. I have been using it for since a long time but not sure how it stopped. Please suggest as I can't continue my work. thanks
Hi there, could you give some more details on where you are copying and pasting from (i.e. another Atlassian product, another ticket, outside of Atlassian).
And where you are pasting into (i.e. create issue view in Jira classic, issue view in NextGen, comments etc).
Hi Owen, I use Snag It to capture screenshots and then when I used to paste it in the description, it used to attach the screenshot in the attachment section. However, it stopped working all of a sudden
Is the screenshot appearing in the description, and just not the attachment section?
Or is the screenshot showing something like 'failed to load'?
Hi @Owen Wallis
We are also facing the same issue. When I try to paste a screenshot in description by pressing CTRL+V, it does not perform any action and it does not paste the image anywhere in JIRA.
Same issue started to appear for me too from today.
I am using Google Chrome (Version 88.0.4324.146) on Mac OS Big Sur
When I am creating a new ticket, in the description of the ticket, I used to be able to paste any image. Basically I have done a screenshot via shift + control + command + 4, then copy it into clipboard and paste into the ticket description.
This has stopped working from today, there is nothing added to the description, no attachments added to the ticket, no message about failing to upload the image.
Thanks
Tomas
Hi all, thanks for alerting me to this issue. I've been working with the Jira team and the problem should now be fixed.
If you refresh any pages you are working on Copy and pasting should work as before.
Thanks, I can confirm that this is now working for me.
@Owen Wallis , I can confirm that we are now able to paste screenshots in JIRA. Thanks for resolving.
Awesome news Owen! I too just confirmed I'm able to paste screenshots in both the description field and comments field again! Thanks much!
Resolved for me as well with the "old" view. Thanks !
This issue seems to be back?
Just noticed that I'm unable to paste images into comments (nothing happens).
Pasting text works fine.
Was this a one off problem, or still happening consistently?
Still not able to paste images, so I guess it's still happening consistently.
Here too. Specifically, we preview content (text and images) in an HTML viewer, select all, copy, and paste it into the Confluence page. It worked as recently as last week but not this morning during a demo.
I've tried different browsers and different HTML previews with no success.
Dragging single images from the desktop or pasting from an image capture tool works but this is not comparable functionality and is not a suitable workaround.
Regards.
I'm facing the exact same issue: copy-pasting image in the description during the creation of the issue does not work. But once the issue has been created, if I edit the description and paste the image again, it works.
I think the problem exists since we are able to format the text of the description during the creation of the issue.
Olivier
I am having this copy paste issue since few days and jira does not paste any text copied from jira or word doc or notepad. How to fix this issue?
I doubt entirely that Jira dont know that the entire user base of their overblown and overrated products as entirely p'd off at the incredulous inability to use the simple core functionality copy and paste of images that every other software in the entire planet seems capable of handling. I wont hold my breath for a fix as this seems to have had you stumped for years now. Incredulous really!
Hi there,
currently we are encountering this problem when using "forms" in Jira Service Management or rather in general if a Ticket is created via Portal.
Copying and Pasting of a Screenshot working the regular "create" functionality allows us to insert the image from the clipboard.
However if we create the same issue type/request type via a portalized solution, ctrl+c ctrl+v does nothing.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.