I've been using Jira-Python REST API version 0.1.dev50 to create an app that will update custom fields in a Jira issue (Snippets below exclude Jira client set-up scaffolding for brevity).
I need to update a custom field of "select list" type in relation to the user's option. The options are the same as in the Jira's list.
Updating multiple line text is possible without any problem.
However, I can't update the "select list" type, receiving the following:
JiraError HTTP 400 url: https://your.place.net/rest/api/2/issue/26416
text: Could not find valid 'id' or 'value' in the Parent Option object.
The following code works well if I am using a custom field of text (multiline) type:
customfield = textbox.objectName()
customtext = textbox.currentText()
self.Jissue.update()
self.Jissue.update(fields = {customfield: customtext})
The textbox.objectName() will retrieve the custom field id.
From what I got from the Jira-Python's documentation, the problem is how to set up the issue.update part. However, I can't find the right way to update this "select list" type of custom field.
Comments on this, or suggestions, will be greatly appreciated.