When we add new users to confluence, a personal space is automatically created. Is there a way to disable this?
@Chris Puffe, I don't know of any configuration or setting that would automatically create a space for users. I just tried it in a test site of mine and I'm not seeing an automatic space created.
What is the behavior you are seeing?
Thanks,Kian
Generic spaces (example below) are being created and when we ask the user about it, they (multiple if not all) have said that they didn't create a Confluence space. They all have the same child pages (meeting notes, sample pages, etc) but again, no one physically creates any of this.
Hmm.. That is interesting. I am seeing a link Add Personal Space in my profile until I click this it should not be created..
Overall you should be able to check Confluence Settings > Global Permission who is able to create Personal Spaces.. Maybe removing permissions to all groups would be a solution for you?
That's the only thing I can think of too, but it shouldn't create it for them right away..
Thanks Mirek & Kian. I've disabled the ability for people to create personal spaces in the global settings which should alleviate the issue for the time being.
Cheers.
Hello everyone,
I realize it's been some time since this discussion, but I wanted to step in here to clarify a few things.
Personal space creation isn't automatic, but I could see how someone might do so accidentally. Referring to our space creation documentation, to create a personal space, all one has to do is click the profile picture on the right side of the navigation and choose the option to create a personal space.
The Sample Pages, however, are part of an automated process. We have a feature request to disable the sample page creation. You can vote on the ticket below to give your support. Please note that you may find that you need to log in again before doing so!
Thank you, and take care.
Shannon
Hi everyone,
Thank you for reporting this and helping investigate. I know that I commented with another feature request in another answer, but I discovered a related one that has to do with personal space creation during onboarding.
Disabling personal space creation permissions like @Chris Puffe mentioned seems to be the workaround for the time being.
Thanks for sharing how you solved it, and please vote on the feature request to get more visibility.
Take care,
Did we ever get a more definitive answer to this?I'm noticing this behavior as well. It only started happening after I created a personal space in my parent company's Confluence and starred it. Every client instance I log into now (for the first time) creates a personal space automatically, stars it, and adds the pages mentioned above.
Oh, but these personal spaces are indeed created automatically. I'm administrating a cloud subscription myself, and every time a new user signs in, a personal space (which is also made public) is created. Very annoying since this floods the space overview.
Has this issue been resolved? Our organization also is experiencing new users spaces created. How do we turn off this configuration?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.