Hi
I have decided to give next-gen a go for my engineering team. I'm trying to implement some simple workflow validation and field updates. I'm not having much luck.
As an example, I want to update the start date to today when I transition from my first workflow status, "In Backlog" to "To Do". Both of these statuses have category of To Do.
I had to introduce the "In Backlog" status to model the fact that we elaborate tasks first (estimate, add defn of done, bug details etc) before the task/bug is then ready to work on, at which point it goes to To Do. Current next-gen kanban does not do this well out of the box which surprised me - unless I've missed something of course.
So when I move task from In Backlog to To Do the start date is not updating so the rule I setup did not fire.
I'm at a loss as to why.
Please help.
Thanks
Ben