I am trying to find all issues that do not have a test linked to it. I created an issueLinkType "Testers", with the two options "tests" and "is tested by". Now I would like to find any issues in Jira that do not have a test linked to it. My JQL search query looks like this:
project in (xxx) AND issuetype in (Epic, Feature, Story) AND status = Done AND fixVersion in (xxx) AND issueLinkType != Testers ORDER BY created DESC
This query consistently comes up with nothing, although I know that I have some issues within my search that don't have an "Testers" linked to them, and others that do have "Testers" linked to them.
Performing the reverse search works as expected:
project in (xxx) AND issuetype in (Epic, Feature, Story) AND status = Done AND fixVersion in (xxx) AND issueLinkType = Testers ORDER BY created DESC
This comes up with a subset of issues that do have tests linked to it.
And if remove the issueLinkType completely:
project in (xxx) AND issuetype in (Epic, Feature, Story) AND status = Done AND fixVersion in (xxx) ORDER BY created DESC
I see all the expect issues in my list, with and without "Testers" linked to them. Thus, I am expecting with the initial query to find only issues that have not tests linked to them. Am I doing anything wrong, or did I run into a bug?