When using JSON notation in automation rules, attempting to reference a particular parameter of a custom field is not pulling the value of that parameter into the intended location.
I'm trying to have the summary of an issue generated by an automation rule include one parameter from a custom field in the trigger issue. This particular custom field is an issue type, as in, the value of that custom field will be a link to an issue in a specific project. The editmeta for an issue using the custom field in question lists two promising parameters for the field: summary and summaryText. Using the following JSON, I do not receive an error, but the data in those parameters is not filling in the summary of the auto-generated ticket:
{
"fields": {
"summary": "New PDU - {{customfield_13106.summary.asJsonString}}",
"customfield_13106": "{{triggerIssue.customfield_13106}}",
"customfield_13709": "{{triggerIssue.customfield_13709}}"
}
}
The summary of the created issue will simply be "New PDU - ". I have tried adjusting the JSON to exclude asJsonString, used triggerissue.customfield_13106, and used both summary and summaryText (which both contain text values) in the bolded line above, but still no dice. Has anyone gotten this sort of thing to work or can suggest an alternative?