I need to sent an email with help of "Automation for Jira" to all users in the project's role “Release Manager”. How can i do this with "smart values" of automation or maybe another way?
Answer:
Automation for Jira Cloud - Manual Trigger by project role instead of group
Hi @Maks
I'm not sure this is possible at this stage; there are suggestions for both these things though:
It might be useful to keep your Release Managers in a multi-select custom field or a group, which can both be used in the "Send email" action.
Ste
Hi, Stephen
Thanks for the help.
This was useful, but I have many projects with different users, who have a project role “Release Manager” and they change quite often, so the option with groups and custom fields is not very suitable for me.
Hi Maks,
would it be suitable to do it using "bulk mail" page? I know this is not Automation, however.Sending to a specific role is possible, though.
For Role you could choose a different one - I only have the standard ones.
The page is reachable via:https://YourSpecificSiteName.atlassian.net/secure/admin/SendBulkMail!default.jspa
Regards,Daniel
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.