Hi Folks, I would like to 'enable Road map for a KANBAN project with custom issue type'.I have managed to turn the Road map feature ON for my project, however when i goto Raodmap, i get 'Your project doesn't have epics configured' on that page.In this project there are no EPIC's , and i have custom issue type called Opportunity.What i would like to do is use Opportunities and road map them..See below from doco, as i read this - to me it seems its doable. But How?https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/troubleshoot-the-roadmap/#No-epic-issue-typeThanks in advanceRavi
Hi @Ravi Tata
Is this a Next-Gen or Classic Project?
---------------
In Next-Gen, you can "sort of" do this. You can change the name of the Epic issue type. To do this you'll need to be a Project Admin and then...
^ If you've deleted the Epic issue type previously, you'll need to re-add it then follow the above instructions
I don't think this is possible in Classic, regardless of what that page states.
You can (in theory) change the name of the Epic issue type in Classic but it would change for all projects, not just one.
To do this you'd need to be a Jira Admin and then:
I'd strongly caution against doing this though - as it can have other implications, and wouldn't change any of the Epic reports, dashboard gadgets or fields (Epic Link, Epic Name, etc would remain the same).
I would instead suggest using Epics as designed, and then use Components or similar to mark these as Opportunities.
Ste
Thanks for the response @Ste Wright It is a Classic project. I really wanted to validate if what the page stated is possible or not without too much damage to out of box usage and functionality of epics.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.