Under "Further Configuration" I can set a Site Homepage to a Space I create. When I access the site, that page indeed does come up but it is not complete. The page appears? But no sidebar. If I log into the site? The Sidebar appears.

The intent of the space is to be a launch point for multiple spaces (guides, manuals, etc.) I have been using the Sidebar to list the multiple options for selection. So, How do you get the Sidebar to appear when not logged in?
Home Option On Menu
With the custom Space being used as the default homepage, why does the space selected not override Home? The purpose of using the custom Space is to replace what is in the Home option so it is NOT viewable to the public. I do not want the public to see what is on the Home option, Its quite honestly, none of their business.
So... How do you get the Home menu option to use the custom Space and have the custom Space name not show on the menu bar?
I have to believe that there is more flexibility in the presentation than what I am finding. The contents of Home should not be available to the public as an option.
What are the work around options to resolve the above???
Thank you for responses in advance.
Jack