When importing issue from CSV,
if i give 36000 Original estimate is updated as 10m.
if i give 14400, Original estimate is updated as 4m.
So to update 10h, I had to use 10*60*3600= 260000
What is the unit to be used for updating Original estimate?
Hello @Vishal Biyani ,
Please check the below settings.
Settings --> issues --> Time Tracking --> Default unit for time tracking Minute.
if you enter 1h --> it takes one hour.
if you mention 10h --> it takes as 10 hours.
Thanks.
The import uses seconds
@kai Thanks for your response. However, if I give 10h for Original Estimate while uploading CSV file to bulk create issues, it is failing.
@Vishal Biyani ,
Please check the below link.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-I-can-bulk-update-quot-Original-Estimate-quot-values-from-an/qaq-p/1400622
Just to clarify I am using 8.20 datacenter version and I successfully imported the original estimate field values using the CSV utility. You have to consider the values have to be in seconds without any other suffix or unit. In my case the source system had the values in days, and I was struggling to get the right value in Jira. So after checking some of the imports I realized I had to consider the number of hours per day configured by the administrator in my instance. n our case it was 7.5 hours per day, so to convert the value (e.g. 30 days) to what the CSV has to have I used 30*7.5.60*60 = 810000 seconds. Once I used that value and imported the issue using CSV importer, it ended properly as 30d in Jira UI. so bottom line, before importing convert your original value (in hours, days, weeks, whatever) to seconds keeping in mind how many hours per day are configure in your jira instance and then express that value in seconds without any unit or additional character just the plain number of seconds.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.