Hi All,
I am working on analyzing the data on the JIRA, I am connected to the JIRA database via ODBC drivers. I want to get the information on the issue in the epic. Can anyone help me by giving some information on which table I have to check?
Nope.
This is not a question of "which table", you should be starting from "how many tables". The answer should also completely scare you off.
As a simple example, consider the question "show me an issue".
Forget working directly with the Jira database, it is simply not built for any sort of reporting or analytics.
When you are doing your "analysis of Jira data", broadly what are you looking to report on? If we know roughly what you're looking for, we can probably tell you a far better way to get the information you need!
Thank you @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- for your detailed information which helped me to understand the workflow, as of now the focus is to work on getting the following link built epics -> issues -> task -> sub-task and then we would move to work on analyzing issues(inter-project issues, etc).
BTW your answer did scare me thinking about the workload.
Those are all linked in different ways, so also a right royal pain to do in the database. I really do suggest you stop and do this properly. (Oh, and the heirarchy is Epic -> Issue/Task -> Sub-task, not the four layers you've described - was that a typo?)
Yes, it was a Typo, I didn't notice it, you were right wrt to the hierarchy, so do you think it is better to consider REST API for the task mentioned above instead of using the database?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.