Is it possible to link more than one issue? I have a request that wants a created issue to be linked as a child of two different issues. I got a message saying that only one was allowed. Is there a way to accomplish this? @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Hi
Not really a super pro in Jira REST APIs, but according to this https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-use-rest-api-to-add-issue-links-in-jira-issues-939932271.html you shall be able to do it
As the "issuelinks" element expects an array
issuelinks
"issuelinks":[ { "add":{ "type":{ "name":"Blocks", "inward":"is blocked by", "outward":"blocks" }, "outwardIssue":{ "key":"TEST-1" } } } ]
so, logically it should be able to take multiple instructions / links
Alex
I thought so too! The best I could do that hasn't given me a syntax error is this message
Oh, that's unfortunate. Well, if Jira says so then it seems that you will need to have just more calls (to Jira) and cannot do it in one go
Yeah, even if you try to add more issues to the call, it will only link the last one in your list of issues to link.
With confiforms, I added the first link during the onCreated event in the 'IFTTT Integration Rules' macro.
With the result of the created Issue added to [entry.JIRAKey], I reference that in a subsequent 'IFTTT Integration Rules' macro that runs during the onCreated event, and updates that new Jira issue with my second link.
Yes, this is a limitation of Jira REST API, see this bug https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-66329
@Darin @Brian Karst
That is a smart way of doing this! Thanks for sharing @Darin
That is cool Darin - but what does the contents of your second IFTTT look like? How would I structure the JSON to ensure the just created JIRA issue gets another issue linked to it?
Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.