Since JIRA does not have resolution schemes (they should), we’ve chosen to not use the ‘Resolution’ field as such.
The challenge with that is that the base code of JIRA considers those issues unresolved which don’t have any value set for this field.
Now, to work around this, following is what I have done –
- Using Automation for JIRA plugin, set ‘Resolution’ system field to ‘Done’ value after the workflow status moves to ‘Resolved’ – This works fine, resolution is set. But it still doesn’t set the resolution date.
- I read somewhere that JIRA needs a post function of ‘Issue resolved’ event to be able to set the resolution date. So I added this on my transition to ‘Resolved’ status.
Still doesn’t work. I resolved an issue a few moments ago, and tried ‘search for issues’ to find issues in that project that had resolved date in the last 24 hours. Nada! I’m so confused.
Please help.