I have enabled parallel sprint in setting already, but the "start sprint" button of the next sprint is still gray and I cannot click on it. There is currently only one sprint going on. Why is this?
Hello @Chengchen Li
Welcome to the community.
Are you using Next Gen or Classic projects?
Running parallel sprints is not supported for Next Gen projects.
Few days back I faced the same.
Please refresh the pages and try once.
If not worked. Logout and login once .
Thanks.
Thank you! I tried and it didn’t work. Hover message says I cannot start the new sprint unless the one above has been completed ... argh!
OH!! that might be why. im using Next Gen project. I didnt know the difference and new to Jira. would i lose anything if i switch to classic project now?
Unfortunately you cannot simply change the type of project you are using. You have to move the issues from the Next Gen project to a new Classic type project. Refer to this document for more information.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/migrate-between-next-gen-and-classic-projects/
And here is the home page for documentation that discusses the differences between the two types of projects.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/learn-the-differences-between-classic-and-next-gen-projects/
Wow, thank you so much. I am reading up on these!
Where is the Run parallel sprints option in Jira Cloud? I'm not seeing it in the settings.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/use-parallel-sprints/
I also have the same problem. I had assumed that this would have been settled by now. Even though I have parallel sprints set, I am still unable to begin another sprint concurrently.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.