Hey all, hoping someone can help me with my problem.
I've been asked to set up a new Jira issue type with some automation.
The automation process should work like so:
On create screen the reporter selects from a cascading custom field called "IT Solution". From the parent they can choose either "HW" or "VM" then from the child they can choose the desired OS. When the issue is created the automation checks the value of the "IT Solution" field and depending on whether "HW" or "VW" has been selected creates a linked task to the responsible team.
The automation should in theory be: WHEN issue created, IF "IT Solution Parent" = "HW", THEN create linked task.
I have the options to try doing something with Scriptrunner or a postfunction with JSU or JMWE. I'm hoping it's a simple solution and I'm just too new to this to see it!