Hi,
We are new to Confluence cloud. when a user logs in for the first time, i see their own individual space created by default.
Is there a way to prevent this from happening?
Appreciate your help!
Thanks
Vasavi
Hello @Vasavi Nagalla ,
I think in Confluence we don't have suck kind of mechanism auto "Space" while login.
May be those creating an personal spaces.
Please check the below link to disable personal space creation for individual users.
Confluence --> Settings --> Global permissions -->
Remove privileges of "Confluence users" to create personal space and create space permissions.
This will stop creating spaces by confluence users.
Thanks.
Hi Babu
Thanks for the reply. It works. I was looking at space permissions instead of global.
All good now!
Hi Babu, Thank you for providing that workaround!
@Vasavi Nagalla
Good afternoon! I hope you are doing well. I know there's a new onboarding process that creates personal spaces for new users. We have a feature request so admins could disable that feature. I'll share it below.
If you click Vote for this issue, you'll be added to the list of watchers and receive updates on future progress.
Thank you again for bringing this up, and take care!
Shannon
Sorry to bump this, but would turning off 'Personal Space' have any effect on existing Personal spaces, E.g. would it remove the space, remove the permissions to the space for the user?
Done! Thank you for sharing this! VOTED YES YES YES to that feature.
I'm wondering the same. I'll be testing this and will try and circle back here. Or if anyone else already knows, do tell.
Update: I noticed another comment which indicates it does work.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.