Hi!
We have a number of custom fields tracking different timestamps of an incident's life. For example - Incident Started Timestamp is one of the fields. One of the uses is to calculate the incident duration, but since the default timestamp format of Jira is MMM dd, yyyy HH:mm, we cannot track incidents that occur only for a few seconds.
I'm planning to adjust the format to MMM dd, yyyy HH:mm:ss to allow us to track seconds as well, but my question is -
How would this affect all the values in existing tickets which don't have the seconds. Would it append :00 at the end of all values or would the values become invalid? (We have thousands of tickets already in Jira and I don't want to mess up any existing data.)
Thank you, in advance! 😄
(Apologies for the long rambling, but I thought it best to provide the background.)