Hiya (as an admin) I haven't been able to add new columns to a next Gen board for over a week now. I get the message 'Something's gone wrong An error occurred on our end...', I have tried chrome and Edge, with no luck. Anyone had this?
Hey @Peigi MacKillop
I suggest opening an internal ticket to check your problem at the portal below:
https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/
Additionally, I worked with a customer that was facing a similar problem a while ago, and he was able to work around it by using the "Manage Workflow" menu to properly create the columns to the Next-gen board:
Can you check if you are able to do that?
@Peigi MacKillop I just wanted to circle back on this one as I got resolution with Atlassian support today. It appears that our issue was because we were on VPN and the issue was on the firewall.
If you haven't already, it would be good to raise this internally for your IT team, maybe they could whitelist the Atlassian IPs to make sure that everything is allowed to not impact your experience while using Jira. Also, this is another documentation that has additional IP's from the one that I've shared above.
Hello @Peigi MacKillop ,
Next gen projects are simple. which are used for hands-on for Jira for new users and when you no need customizations to workflows / screen / boards.
You can't allowed to add columns in Next Gen projects.
Thanks
It allowed me to add columns previously. I set the board up last week and it allowed me to add a column.
Can you please recheck once.
May be it is created in Classic project or something.
Hi @Peigi MacKillop
Welcome to community! Most probably you've encountered this bug. When a wrong character encoding has caused a duplicated column in the background for the workflow. have you tried creating another column with a different name? For this type of situation, you will need to reach out to Atlassian support so they can fix it for you.
It's definitely a next gen board, I have tried upper case. lower, with spaces, without, etc. etc. :-(
Hi, it is definitely a a next-gen board I have tried upper case, lower, spaces, without spaces and it won't work.
Then most probably its a bug on the workflow. I've asked Atlassian, to reach out on this post.
Thanks :-)
@Peigi MacKillop
I encountered the same issue yesterday and raised an internal service ticket with Atlassian. If I get any further information, I'll loop back to this post and let you know of my findings.
Many thanks :-)
Yes, that has worked, many thanks.
Ah nice - thank you @Petter Gonçalves !
Many thanks for that, it's really helpful.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.