I want to make a automation rule with cron expression so it will be sceduled every other tuesday. How can i do that? What is the cron expression?And what tuesday will it start then?I now only see the optien of #2 wich is every second (tues)day in the month...
That helps, thank you.
But still one question remaining:Is it possible to make a cron for every tuesday in even-weeknrs (weeknr 2, 4, 6, ...) ?
Hi @Maurice Stassen
Maybe you can include 2 cron expressions, one for the first Tuesday of each month (0 0 12? 1/1 TUE # 1 *) and one for the third (0 0 12? 1/1 TUE # 3 *) of each month (in this case would be held at 12.00 pm).With this application you can make the calculations and the corresponding parameters to indicate on what date it would start:
http://www.cronmaker.com/
I hope it helps you.
Greetings
Hi Maurice - take a look at this post and see if it helps you.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Jira-automation-Cron-condition-every-2-weeks/qaq-p/1591412
In the cron expression you must put that it is done every Tuesday, 0 0 12? * TUE *, (according to this cron expression, it would be at 12.00pm)
And then, you could include in the automation rule an advanced compare condition, this rule checks if the number of week is even:
{{# =}} {{now.weekOfYear}} / 2 - ROUND ({{now.weekOfYear}} / 2,0) {{/}}
I hope it helps you
This solution doesn't work when there are five Monday's in a month (Aug 2022) and you want a subscription to a filter to be sent every other week. Is there another option?
Combining the cron string and the advanced compare condition string doesn't seem to work when trying to set up a subscription to a filter. You can only add in the cron expression, I'm not finding the magic in the code string to add the advanced compare condition into the cron expression field.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.