Hi,
Could you please let me know is there a way to create cross project releases in JIRA cloud, without using Portfolio plugin?
Thanks
Hi Namrata,
You can create a single board that has a filter that contains several projects. For example, Project = ABC, DEF, HIJ, 123)
Then, you need to be a project administrator on ALL of the projects used in the filter.
Finally, you can do a Release from the board for all of cards in the Done column.
learning opportunity for me...
I have never done a release across multiple projects where I set the version.
Question - once you do this, if you go to the individual project’s release pages what release is shown and what issues are displayed. I assume that each project would have the same version displayed but the release would only show the issue for the one project. also, what happens if the version you release already exists in one of the projects?
I may have to play with this in a test instance just to learn more.
Hello,
I tried creating a version in a single board containing 2 or 3 projects, i have the below observations -
- I cannot just create the version, i have to create and release it immidiately, as the only button available id "Release"
- Even if i release it, i do not see the Release in the other projects for which the board is created, under the Release sections.
Also, i really want to have the release so that i can mark certain issues with these releases in every project so as to indicate the origin of the story or other issue type in that release.
You will need to create the same Release in each project and attach that Release value to the cards that it applies to in each project.
Hi @Namrata Pawar ,
if you don't want to maintain multiple versions in different project manually you can use Swanly app (for Jira Cloud) that will do it for you.
I wrote a post about this topic and how the app works a few months back, you can have a look here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/How-to-share-releases-between-projects-with-Cross-project/ba-p/1354688
I hope this helps
Nikki
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.