I've seen a number of these posts. While editing a Confluence page, I get the message, "We've lost our connection to you, so we've disabled editing to prevent any issues." \The latest question receiving the response to check this page: https://confluence.status.atlassian.com/ I did so, and it stated "All Systems Operational."
I'm working from home, on a home Internet service (high speed, 200Mbps). I'm using Firefox with the uBlock Origin extension. No custom firewall rules or antivirus measures (Comodo Internet Security).
While trying to edit a page, I'm able to type a sentence, maybe two, before the page freezes and I get that message. The only thing I'm able to do is click the "Close" link, then click the Edit link (or click 'e') and start typing for about 15 seconds before I get locked out again. Fortunately, the edits are being saved.
This is the first page I'm creating on my new Space, on my new account. I've not tried to add any macros or other fun stuff to my little Confluence space.