Hello,
I cannot enable the Send MS Teams Message action because Automation tells me the webhook URL is not OK.
The webhook URL looks like this https://COMPANY.webhook.office.com/webhookb2/XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX/IncomingWebhook/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX
Automation gives me a warning sign /!\ and "Please enter a valid webhook URL like https://outlook.office.com/webhook/XXXXYYYY..."
Thanks a lot!
After upgrading to Automation for Jira 7.2.6, you need to following the documentation at https://confluence.atlassian.com/automation/setting-configuration-properties-1026539532.html to set the ms.teams.notification.action.url.prefix property to the correct prefix.
If you don't set the prefix, it will default to https://outlook.office.com/webhook/
If you need both the old and new prefix, set the prefix to https:// so that it matches any secure URL.
We have same problem!
Microsoft is apparently changing the format of all newly created Webhook URLs after 11/Jan, and the older "outlook.office.com/webhook" will be deprecated in 3 months
If you have access to the Microsoft365 Message Center, you can view the announcement here: https://admin.microsoft.com/AdminPortal/home?ref=MessageCenter&id=MC234048
I'd suggest raising a support request with Atlassian to address this.
Hi both,
Thanks for replying.
So this is a known bug:[AUT-2103] Microsoft Teams webhooks are limited to specific URL
What's really frustrating is that it looks like this "URL verification" thing is a feature...If so, please Atlassian and partners, keep it simple, please 🙏.
Cheers,JG
Hello All,
Since Microsoft url has changed over time, we have removed the validation from Automation side in cloud. The new URL should be working now. Please let me know in case of issues. Apologies for the inconvenience.
CheersSherry
hello @Sherry Goyal
We are seeing this issue on Jira datacenter + automation 7.1.17
Do you know by any chance in which version of Automation this has been corrected?
thanks
Hello @robert Mugabuhamye
We fixed it in cloud. Sorry I am not aware of the server.
@robert Mugabuhamye I see there was a new version for server that was released on 28/Jan that appears to address the MS Teams issues (version 7.2.6)
Thank you @Gareth Cantrell , I'm going to try that version
Hi there,
we run into the same issue. Even with the bugfix update it won't work with the web-hook in our Jira. (Server 8.13.1 & Automation 7.2.6).
I tried to find out if I need to change something in the setup, but didn't succeed. I still get the "lease enter a valid webhook URL like https://outlook.office.com/webhook/XXXXYYYY..." Error Message.
Did anyone find a solution for this?
Thanks,
Leonie
Hello @Leonie C_ Breitmoser
II'm still experiencing the issue on the 7.2.6 version too 😔.
No solutions so far
Worked perfectly for me after updating Automation for Jira to 7.2.6! Thanks for pointing out the instructions Gareth, much appreciated!
@robert Mugabuhamye 7.2.6 does indeed contain a solution for this issue, however it requires you make some configuration changes post installation.
It is not immediately obvious, until you read the release notes in conjunction with the documentation on setting configuration properties (see my answer above).
Worked for us as well. Thanks for pointing us in the right direction Gareth.
Hi all!
I tried the work-around in this article Setting configuration properties | Automation for Jira Data Center and Server 7.2 | Atlassian Documentation but had no luck. It turned out that since I run Jira on WINDOWS-machine then I was not able to use the CURL-command. After some talks with the Atlassian support they helped me with this Power-shell query and then I got it working:
$user = 'YOUR_USER_ADMIN'$pass = 'PASSWORD'$pair = "$($user):$($pass)"$encodedCreds = [System.Convert]::ToBase64String([System.Text.Encoding]::ASCII.GetBytes($pair))$basicAuthValue = "Basic $encodedCreds"$Headers = @{Authorization = $basicAuthValue}$Uri = 'https://<jira-base-url>/rest/cb-automation/1/configuration/property/bulk'$Form = @{"ms.teams.notification.action.url.prefix"="https://"}Invoke-WebRequest -Uri $Uri -Method Put -Body ($Form|ConvertTo-Json) -ContentType "application/json" -Headers $Headers
Change User and Password in the script and also to your Base-url and this will work. This will allow all webhooks that starts with https://.
Hi Erik,
May I ask how to run the script? Thank you.
BR,Fox
Hi Fox!
Log in to your Windows Server and open Powershell. Then copy this (replace user and password and also <jira-base-url> to the base URL you have) to Powershell and run it:
BR/
Erik
it works, thank you so much.
I am facing the same issue on Jira Data Center + A4J v7.2.8. Can you please suggest a solution for it ?
@Gareth Cantrell @Sherry Goyal
@Aditya Verma the instructions I referred to above are for Jira Data Center/Server. If you're running Windows servers, use the script posted by @Erik Ekengren above.
@Gareth Cantrell forgot to thank you. It worked for us 🙏🏿
Thanks @Gareth Cantrell , I was able to follow it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.