Greetings all! Hope all is well.
We are currently using different tools to estimate, plan, and track the progress of our sprint. I would like to be able to fully utilize Jira to do this instead.
Currently, we have multiple groups that work out of the same project for the same overall sprint. So for this scenario, we'll say that Product 1.2 is the latest sprint, and we have Groups A,B, and C who will be working on it.
I have yet to find a solid way to accommodate all of the groups' estimates in this single sprint, since I can only use the burndown report on a single field (original time estimate, or one that I custom make). I have attempted summing the total value of each groups' estimates and filling that in to the custom field, but that has proven difficult because when someone from Group A needs to "deduct time" it seems to interfere with Groups B and C's remaining time estimate as well (so it's almost as if it's an all-or-nothing approach for the estimate, by not deducting the time until the issue is fully complete across all three groups).
I know we can't be the only company that has multiple groups providing estimates on tickets for the same sprint, so I would like to see how others are dealing with this problem (or if you are also using other external tools instead).