I need to know how to edit and delete a category.Exclude as a whole to no longer be a selection option.
category? can you explain what category you are referring to? Project Category? Status Category? maybe a screenshot if not clear?
I need to know this as well @Ingrid Natsumi . @jack I belive that what she mentioned is to delete the options that appear on a issue, like this:
As you can see, all the categories on the image are created by our team, but we've decided to no longer use the ones that I highlighted. If I go to the issue configuration I can only remove categories set by default, althought we are not using anyone as default.
@Kevin M. Spiller ,
sorry I’m still a little bit lost as I can’t translate the screen easily. The options make me think this is the Components field or a custom field. However if this is the ITSM project template maybe there is a field called categories? Does this field happen to show up under admin > issues > custom fields? If so can you edit the context there?
@Jack Brickey Hi, it's not a custom field, it's a default field called categories (our jira is set to pt-br). I can access all the categories by opening an issue and going to configuration:As you can see it is a default field, I can add as many categories I want but I can't remove the ones I've created.We are using the next-gen template:
ah ok.... this is TMP. Very sorry for missing that. so if you a project admin you should be able to remove categories by going to project settings > issue types and for the issue type you are interested in click on the categories and you should see an "x" to delete a category.
I had the same problem.First, I changed the laguage to English and found out the field's name is "label".So, to delete a label:There is this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9H_cEao6gUAnd is this arcticle: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/how-do-i-remove-a-label-utterly/qaq-p/1360439I deleted the label from all issues, but it still can be selected. It seems to be a cache problem I could not solve yet.
For anyone else who stumbles on this page from Google, the answer is to change the board view to "List" and select the Category Column (You may have to add the column to that view), then select the Edit or Delete icon next to the category you wish to change.
EG:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.