Dear all,
I have a scenario for which it brings confusion sometime and would like to get your opinion on it.
Basically the scenario is that a users submit incidents from a service desk portal.
Then when SD team notice that more that one incident could potentialy have the same root cause, we create a Major Incident to which we link suspected common incident.
I think this what opsgenie provides if I remember well, correct ?
Question 1 :
As the major incident became the master source linked to child incident, in our process when the major incident is complete, then we automatically close as well related child incident. Does the closing of incidents link when major incident gets close is a correct process according to your experience ?
Question 2 :
As we can link incidents to Major incident we are then operating a kind of Major incident management, but then at which phase a so call Problem is create ? Some companies might create problem as part of major Incident process for simplification
Thanks for sharing your sight
regards