Why can't I log hours against a story without any sub-tasks? The work log only shows up on the pulldown for sub-tasks, but I have stories that won't have sub-tasks associated with it that need hours logged against it.
Have you got the "time tracking" field on the stories? Are there any properties on the workflow that might be blocking "log work" on the stories?
Time Tracking is turned on and there are no blockages.
It's strange. I have 2 near identical stories about documenting a process. One of the stories we have a sub-task associated with it. The one with a sub-task can log work hours in the sub-task. The one which is only a story, we can't log hours. We have a couple people highly knowledgeable of JiRA around here and they're stumped
Are the sub-tasks using a different workflow to the stories?The only way I can think of doing this is with workflow properties. Although, also, do you have any time-tracking related add-ons such as Tempo?
Could you paste here the Work On Issues permission set on the project?(find it in the permission scheme used by your project)
Maybe, the permission scheme grants Work On Issues permission based on an issue role, like being the Assignee.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.