I need an automation rule while creating an issue, the responsible field should be filled with the project lead. I mean the lead field while creating a new project.
Is it possible?
Likely. I’m unsure if Project Lead can new accessed in Automation. Have you attempted as yet?
trigger - issue created
condition - whatever your needs are
action edit issue and copy project leader into custom field
An option (or addition of some kind) could be to work with components. They bring an built-in option with them to assign Project Lead.From what you described you are not goint with components right now but a custom field - if this can be changed it would be possibly easy. If not some combinations of several methods could lead to a success.
Hi Jack,
i did the same steps as you described. My trigger - issue created then: edit issue fields - Responsible. But i cannot find lead. I only can copy from issues
:-( I had not ever attempted to use PL so was unsure. I may play with this bit to see if I have a better idea but in the meantime here are two ideas (not necessarily great but...)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.