I am unclear about the Jira settings: how do I know which apply to a Next-Gen project and which are only used by Classic?
Hi @liz
There's some useful info here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/learn-the-differences-between-classic-and-next-gen-projects/
If you'd like to see a comparison between the two there's a really good one further down tha pgae here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/working-with-agility-boards-945104895.html
If you want you could set up a next gen project and a classic project and see what settings options there are for each. Next Gen is easier and more intuitive if you've not used projects in Jira much, but has less features and customisability than Classic projects.
Thank you Stuart. I am in fact doing exactly as you suggest and comparing the two. However, it is hard to know which of the settings apply to which types of project. I am sure I will work it out but it seems silly not to have a guide somewhere since everyone will want this information, especially as more people migrate to Next-Gen as it is enhanced.
No problem! There are some free resources available - https://training.atlassian.com/free-training-catalog for example
As a guide next gen project settings are largely contained within the project. They're designed to be easier to use and less reliant on having an experienced administrator to make changes to project settings.
But of course that means there's less ability to customise and manage projects at scale.
next gen projects aren't the newer version that are supposed to replace classic one day. they are just different, a trade off to make Jira more accessible to users that don't have an experienced or certified Jira administrator.
Ok, I understand.So, since there are no workflow and automation menu items in NG setting does that mean I can't introduce new workflows and automation?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.