Hi,
I am trying to use Jira automation to amend the issue type of an issue from a standard issue type to a sub task. When doing this I need to be able to set the parent of the sub task so that is correctly linked to the relevant parent task.
I have created an automation rule that triggers when an issue is created with a specific issue type. I am then creating a variable by using the issue.summary and then splitting on a space to use the first part of the summary which will be in the format "SD-123 - title" where SD-123 is the Jira issue key of the parent task I want to link the sub task to. This will give me a variable named Parent that will contain "SD-123" for example.
I am then using the "Edit Issue" action to edit the issue type to a sub task and then trying to set the parent using the additional field JSON shown below, which uses the variable created above:

When the automation rule is triggered it completes successfully, without any issues, amending the issue to a sub task as required but the sub tasks parent doesn't appear and the sub task ends up without a parent.
Is there something I am missing when setting the parent in the additional field JSON shown above or is it not possible to set the parent of a sub task in this way and therefore my required outcome not achievable?
Any help with this would be appreciated.
Thanks