We use confluence to manage our policies and procedures, but I'm trying to find a better way to manage them.
For now, we have three main sections: Internal Policies, External Policies, and Procedures.
Within each group is children-pages, parent pages, tables of contents, etc.
What I'm trying to do is better link the policies and procedures.
One method is to have a page with a policy (i.e., we bill every two weeks) and then link to the procedure page (i.e., here's how to send bill). The procedure page would then need a backlink to the policy.
However, I'd prefer to have those on one page, and then a summary page of policies (mostly, for onboarding new employees. They should be aware of policies, but don't need to review all the procedures just yet).
Any suggestions?
I've looked at the include excerpt macro, but it seems like I'd have to update the "policies summary" page with every single except/policy. That's a ton of work.