Our sprint starts on Thursdays and ends on Wednesday, with a 2 week duration. The future sprint dates seem to take into account velocity in addition to the sprint duration. ***
Is there a way we can just get them assigned to 2 weeks future sprint until we get to a stage where detailed story point estimation is done and we are clear on the team's capacity.
eg:Sprint 1: 7 Jan (Thurs) to 20 Jan (Wed)Sprint 2: 21 Jan (Thurs) - 3 Feb (Wed)Sprint 3: 4-Mar (Thurs) - 17 Feb (Wed)....
*** https://confluence.atlassian.com/advancedroadmapsserver/understanding-sprints-974360324.html
Hi @[deleted]
Would you please clarify your question?
The example you give is showing future sprints defaulting to 2 week intervals, unrelated to velocity. The documentation link you provided is for the server version of advanced roadmaps, but you appear to be on cloud version, standard license.
Thanks, and best regards,
Bill
You are right. We are on the cloud version.
The dates I mentioned are the ones we wish to have; not taken from the system. So is there a way we can set the dates for future sprints, in such a way that it defaults to a 2 week sprint every time we add a sprint?
My question above is referring to the section on the Advanced roadmaps where stories appear with an S next to the dates when they are assigned to a sprint.
So if Story A is assigned to Sprint 2, then it needs to have the dates 21 Jan and 3 Feb against it, when we expand the specific initiative which its tagged under. Currently its showing a date almost a 3 sprints/1.5 months later that these dates. What could be the reason? I just started using the Advanced roadmaps a month back and so it could be that I am missing something very simple.
I am having a same issue.
For 'future' sprint of 2 weeks i.e. From 1/27 - 2/9 , Advance Road Map is showing 3/10 - 3/23 as Start Date and End Date respectively with 'S' for Sprint dates.
I have kept the configuration 'Use sprint dates when issues don't have start and end dates' On.
What could be the reason and what is the solution?
Head up: We had single 4 weeks sprint just before the current sprint due to holiday season. Can it be the problem?
Greetings!
I am not using advanced roadmaps, so I'm unable to answer why it would be doing that. Although, it does puzzle me why one would allow the roadmap to select/add sprints rather than have the individual teams do so in their projects...and then have the sprints displayed on the roadmap.
Hopefully some using (or authoring) advanced roadmaps will be able to explain this.
Best regards,
@Bhumika Dave I had raised a question with the Atlassian support team and they confirmed that the dates that appear on the advanced roadmap (the one with the S indicated against them, when a story is assigned to a sprint) takes into account the team velocity, which is the reason the dates gets shifted.
To change the velocity, we need to go to "Teams" (ie. the tab to the right of Roadmap) and edit the specific team and change the weekly capacity.
I tried that, however, it still didn't fix the issue. Planning to try once again and then report back to support team. You may want to test and see if this works for you.
Thanks @[deleted]. It didn't work for me either.
And it won't be a good approach for me, since we don't number of sprints, so that we can measure average velocity. It is just start of the project.
@Bhumika Dave and @[deleted]I was in touch with Atlassian support team and they mentioned that setting the future sprint dates is a feature not currently present, but in their backlog.
Link to the ticket below, for reference. He advised to add ourselves as a watcher, so as to receive any updates on this ticket. Also add comments. I added a comment with a business justification.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-7740
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.