Hi,
The issue states that I updated the custom fields Start date and Due date. I definitely didn't do it. What could have triggered it? I have no respective automation rules
Hi, @Yuliia Zhyliaieva !
Looks like automation rule or listener from app(Jira Software doesn't have out-of-box listeners), that works under reporter/assignee/etc.
Check your apps:
Settings => Apps => Manage Apps => User-installed apps
Maybe you have something like Scriptrunner, Automation for Jira, etc.
After that will can check rule's configuration.
Conclusion:
Someone else updated the Plan in JIRA, but didn't commit changes.
I committed my changes together with the ones I didn't notice (made by someone else)
In issue history it was me who committed the changes, and thus changed the dates on the issue
I do have automation rules, but can't find any that could trigger this update. Actually I was in a meeting when this happened.
Right now I can go through audit logs of every automation rule I created (over 30). Do you thing there is a any way to find the reason more efficiently?
Hi @Yuliia Zhyliaieva
It seems that your API token was used to update that field. do you have any application that may be using your API token? You can confirm here to see when last your token was used if any.
I went through the automation rule logs, there is none that triggered the event
As for the tokens, does this help?
If this issue only occurred today, then it's not the token. Can you think of any Apps that you may have such as BigPicture Add-on, this has the tendency to update those fields?
What app we are talking about? It depends on app - some of them let to filter by project (or look rules throught the current project settings).
In my opinion, it will be faster and more productive to check the configurations (conditions and actions) of the rule than the rule logs.
And maybe strange question - is it really Jira Software project(not Jira Service Management with own project rules)?
Mystery solved. Thanks for updating us. Have a good day ahead.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.