Hi!
We're creating issues automatically from Salesforce to Jira Service desk through email and when I create an issue then I see that the reporter field is populated by an email which is a service desk customer.
I would like to replace this "reporter" with an email (potentially) a user from the description of the ticket. I'm able to extract the email from the description, but when I push it in to the reporter field then I'm getting an error message like this:
ABH-2841 (Account ID "<example email>{color}{color:#000000} {color}{color:#201f1e}" does not exist. (reporter))
What I've found is that the first time an email comes in from a specific email then it creates an account as a "person" under service desk. The emails will come in from a automated email address which doesn't represent people.
How can I create the accounts through automation if the person doesn't exist already, and how do I assign it to the reporter field if it does?
Best regards,
- Stian Stiansen