I would like to set a rule that will not allow a user to pull a ticket into "in progress" if the ticket does not have an original estimate. Likewise I would like to create a rule that does not allow the ticket to be pulled into "accepted" without time tracking filled out. The issue i am having for both of these issues is that for whatever reason these fields (original estimate & time tracking) do not show up in the drop down for "issue field condition". Can someone let me know if I am missing something or why they would not be showing up? Thanks
Hi @Brett Germain ,
I don't think you'll need an Automtion rule but a Condition on a workflow transtion.
Conditions on workflow transitions allow you to "block" a transition unless that condition is fulfilled.
When I go to the conditions on the transition in my instance I can choose "Value field" which means that a value in a field needs to be valid before you can transition.
In that condition I'm able to choose the Original Estimate field and the Time Tracking field
Thanks Dirk!
You're most welcome!
If you are unfamiliar with Workflow conditions here's some documentation:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-advanced-issue-workflows/#Advancedworkflowconfiguration-conditions
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.