Within the backlog I cannot drag & drop issues. If I want to do this I receive an error:
"Issue DUM-83 couldn't be moved. Internal server error"
The task/issue goes back to its original position: ranked by number.
Hi @Ineke Strobbe ,
(I)
Check Board filter , ranking is enabled or not
project = ABC ORDER BY Rank ASC
(II)
Go to Board.
Board settings
Columns
Tag the statuses in columns with workflow statuses.
eg:
Hi @KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Thanks for your feedback. But both look ok I think. See images below.
the "internal server error" is a bit concerning however, be sure you have the necessary permissions - schedule issues, edit issues, etc
Hi @Jack Brickey
All the issue permissions are assigned.
Even the org & site admin user has the same problem: the internal server error.
May i Know the what is the Workflow status of "DUM-83".
All issues have the workflow status 'Backlog' at this moment.
Hi Ineke,
I need to back up here a bit. So are you talking about moving issues w/in the Backlog screen where you can drag/drop to "Rank" them or are you talking about moving an issue w/in the board from column to column? The reason I'm asking is that your OP seems to convey w/in backlog (ranking) but your images are of the board config.
Hi @Ineke Strobbe
is there the possibility to get a slightly bigger screenshot with some context around in order to see from and to where you are trying to move the cards?Please also describe what you are trying to do with the card exactly so Community is better able to understand - especially if providing a screenshot is not suitable.Apart from that the error message should be presented in a way it tells what is wrong. The generic info "internal server error" is less useful.
Regards,Daniel
I'm talking about moving issue within the backlog screen: selecting one or more issues and drog and drop them in order to rank the issues.
An example:
I select issue DUM-14 and drag it to the top of the list.
The moment that I release: I get the error message and the issue has been placed back in the list, ranked by the issue number.
Did you ever get this figured out? I'm running into the same issue
No, not yet.
Any ideas or suggestions are still welcome...
@Aj.J.Longare you by any chance on a different plan than the "Free" one and could let Atlassian know about this per a support request?It seems the problem is persisting for Ineke but as her team is on a Free plan she cannot open a request with Atlassian.Please do let me know.From looking at the history of it I am not convinced we will get it sorted out by Community help only.
@Ineke Strobbe @Daniel Ebers I did a little digging and the issue seemed to be related to the "Rank" issue field. For some reason, several of the issues we created did not receive a rank when they were created and this prevented moving them in the backlog. We've updated the field for each issue and are now able to position them within the backlog. I'm still not sure why they didn't receive a rank initially.
This just popped up for me, new tickets are being created without a Rank. Was working fine yesterday and prior, just started happening today. Has anyone identified the cause or solution?
Seems like we're affected by this as well. Was working fine last week. Is there a solution/fix for this issue?
Hi guys,
I found a workaround for this problem. Since the "rank" is empty for new cards, the solution I found is to modify the board's filter query, replacing the RANK by another field.
Current: project = JA ORDER BY Rank ASC
New: project = JA ORDER BY PRIORITY ASC
Yes, that fixes it but to the price that ranking will be impossible, I strongly guess.Have you checked LexoRank troubleshooting page if it is able to spot any problem by integrity check?
You can find it here:https://YOURSITENAME.atlassian.net/secure/GHLexoRankManage.jspa?decorator=admin
It is hard to pinpoint a potential root cause from the outside but at least I can share there is a troubleshooing page including an integrity check in your instance - you could execute it.
https://YOURSITENAME.atlassian.net/secure/GHLexoRankManage.jspa?decorator=admin
In case you are not on a Free-plan in cloud you also could raise a request with Atlassian Support to let them double check.
Has this been resolved for you meanwhile? If not, below I posted a link to ranking troubleshooting page which you could use - also letting Atlassian support about it could be an alternative.
I did the integrity check, and that was the error I found:
replied to wrong thread ...
yes, thank you Daniel ... we identified the cause was due to a poorly performed import that essentially corrupted jira's db, required atlassian support to delete duplicate items. IIRC Lexo Rank was a tool that helped us identify that there were duplicates.
We seem to have the same problem, but we are on the Free plan. How can I get Atlassian support to check our database?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.