Am I stupid or blind? I can't seem to find a way to move a ticket onto the board, without locating it on the "Backlog" page and moving it.
Setup:
Flow that works:
Flow that does not work:
Hi @Matthias Posch ,
am I getting you right you want to select a bunch of issues and put them to a sprint? After that you want to transition them one by one or in bulk?I tested it and it works the following way on my test instance in Cloud for a Next-Gen project:
Regards,Daniel
Hi, @Matthias Posch You need to simply drag the issue from the backlog and drop it into the active sprint. You will be able to see that issue on to the board.
Please watch this video where I am telling about starting the
sprint: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6rdai2eQLU
If you can not do drag and drop it means you do not have correct permissions. You should check your permission.
I hope it will help you.
thanks @Monika Rani for your response, but that doesn't solve my issue, if I have hundreds of tickets in the backlog it's cumbersome to locate them in the backlog view. I search for them in the issues advanced search or am in the epic view and getting to a specific issue that way. So there seems to be a "move to board" button missing on the ticket detail view.
Hello @Matthias Posch What do you mean by "dedicated backlog"?
No option called move to board.!But there is move to Sprint (if future sprints are created in your backlog)I understand the below:1. I assume you should be having specific boards with filters to view your issues. (example - support board to view issues received from support desk, innovations board etc....)2. so, one of the ways would be to gather all the related issues in your backlog (bulk select) and group them to a specific filter criterion, then I think you may achieve your need easily.Hope it helps.
Hey @sudarshan , thanks for your response.
Sorry, let me clarify, by "dedicated backlog page" I mean THE backlog page
Also there are not multiple boards per project and also no bulk select in next gen.
ok Great so its next gen, I am sorry.let us wait for the experts to answer.!but try this.check in your board configuration --> columns --> if the mapping of status to column gives you any clue.!
Hey @Daniel Ebers
thanks for your response!We work with Kanban, not Scrum Sprints, added that info to my post. So even if I would bulk change them, they would have the correct status but be stuck in the backlog, not on the board. So I just need to add a ticket to the board, without dragging&dropping it from the backlog. Makes sense?
Hey @Matthias Posch
got you. The missing piece in the puzzle was the info about Kanban board.Yes, you are right. This is not possible currently like you described.Please watch and vote the corresponding Suggestion in order to show this is relevant to your team:https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17471
At least there seem to be several parties interested in this - so I have hope
Awesome @Daniel Ebers thanks!
It seems that the _only_ workflow for moving a ticket from the backlog to the kanban board is by drag and drop.
As a user, I'd like to add a ticket to the board, via an issue page.
Same. Especially when creating tickets to document work that has already been done, using the backlog is impossible without changing the ticket status from "Done" back to "In progress," then moving it to the board, then changing it to "Done" again. What a pain!
Agree, it's a huge time waster in the long run.
Ya lots of times, someone will send me a ticket that is high pri and I need to start working on it. I have to leave the ticket details view, go down to the bottom of the entire backlog, drag it all the way up to the top. And with a long backlog, this is really annoying.
Also, during a grooming I may need to move like 15 to the board and it takes forever.
Also, it still gives the option to add tickets to the sprint but it's in kanban mode so that's confusing.
The way is not that obvious. In the backlog view, you have 2 expansion panels: Board and Backlog.
1. Select multiple items in the Backlog panel.
2. Drag them upward so the scrolling will have the Board panel appearing, and drop them there.
@atlassian dev team: if you can make the Board panel fixed or floating on the top area, the whole user interaction of drag&drop will be more user friendly.
Or even better, make the backlog items appearing in the backlog column, as the OP and other commentators has hinted.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.