We have a use case where we would like to export the user's full Display name in a file. Say created by, assignee etc.
Does exporting the user's full name violate the GDPR compliance ?
I am not a GDPR expert but I believe so. In fact if you export assignee for instance then you will get the cryptic account id not the user’s name. Please let me know if you experience something different.
I exported a Jira issue in xml format. I could see my display name exported in the file.
Interesting. I have never exported in xml. I may play with this later today. Since Jira is supposed to be GDPR compliant then maybe it isn’t a problem.
The changes were introduced with the changes mentioned here:https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/gdpr-changes-to-usernames-in-jira-cloud-967319102.html
You can learn more about Atlassian's GDPR commitment here:https://www.atlassian.com/trust/privacy/gdpr
From Jira view I'd agree to Jack - it should be okay like it is handled but in case to double check it might make sense to speak to your legal/privacy department or anybody else you are about to be collaborating with (a customer maybe?) using Jira what is their opinion about it.
Please also refer to following pages for further information:
One addition: the changes are affecting usernames, not display names - but you are about to export full names. From a XML export I could recognize the reporter's account id is also cryptic but the display name is provided clear text - same like in CSV exports.
<reporter accountid="5f3bbf473579070038a1e648">John Doe</reporter>
Sorry for mixing things up earlier - GDPR was never easy
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.