Hello Atlassian Community,
Currently, I am using Adaptavist Scriptrunner for Jira Server to perform select list conversion, which populates dynamic drop-down lists within custom fields with external data using Scriptrunner Behaviours and REST endpoints.
Documentation showcasing what I am currently doing on Jira server and looking for an alternative for Jira Cloud: https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/5.0.3/jira/behaviours-conversions.html
The data in these lists are populated via querying an external source using Scriptrunner Rest Endpoints, which are scripts that query the external data source, formats the data returned, and return it to the scriptrunner behaviour which transforms the custom field into a nice drop-down list for users to choose values from.
My problem is that we are likely going to be switching from Jira Server, to Jira Cloud. Adaptavist scriptrunner does not support Behaviours in Jira Cloud due to not having access to the Jira Java API and limitations in the cloud connect framework, thus making it impossible to accomplish (as far as I know). My source is a thread from 2018 with someone asking a similar question, and from this year.
My question is this, are there any alternatives for Jira Cloud (plugins, native functions, etc) that allow for this same functionality? I see there are alternative plugins to Adaptavist scriptrunner for Jira server, but I have yet to find anything for cloud. Is this cloud connect framework limitation preventing any plugin developers from doing something like this? If so, what are my options? Has anyone done something similar on Jira cloud with other plugins/components?
Thank you very much.
TLDR: Looking for Scriptrunner Select List Conversion Alternative for Jira Cloud
1. Ability to create custom fields that are drop-down lists during ticket creation
2. Ability to parse the values of already filled out custom fields during ticket creation, whose values get send to an external data source to populate the drop-down list mentioned above
3. Ability to query an external data source via a HTTP request