I have turned time tracking on in my jira project per the document instructions. I cannot find the report in my reports. Go to Reports >Forecast and management > Time Tracking report. What I missing? Do I need to get the Tempo Timesheets?
I am using this article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/time-tracking-report-720416014.html
Thanks for your help.
Hello @Alison O_Brien ,
the article you refer to is for Server/ Data Center 6.4. The report is also available in Cloud though - just navigate to the left panel of your project and scroll down to Time Tracking report, see the screen:
It seems this report is not available in next gen projects though, just classic.
Regards,Adam
Do you know if there is a workaround? Can you change project types after creating tasks and tracking time?
Hello @Alison O_Brien
Welcome to the community.
Unfortunately you cannot simply "flip a switch" and change a project from Next Gen to Classic. This article talks about how you can migrate from one type of project to the other, though.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/migrate-between-next-gen-and-classic-projects/
I suppose you are on next gen project then. You could either use some third party app as you mentioned - not really sure exactly which one works the best in next gen projects, you would have to try them out.
Or you can migrate to classic project - unfortunately it is not possible to just change project types - as mentioned by Trudy above. See how to migrate the tasks here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/migrate-between-next-gen-and-classic-projects/The logged time should remain in the tasks. But please test all the scenarios first, I do not want you to lose any data!
Adam
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.